Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lady in the Parlor, Whore in the Bedroom

Women walk a tightrope in life that men do not. Oh sure if a guy sleeps around he might be called a man whore but it’s not at all the same thing. Most men envy his life and pat him on the back. Let a woman be a bit promiscuous and she is called a slut.

Even authors of erotica are thought to be bad girls. Most of us write under a pseudonym to hide our identity because nice girls don’t do that sort of thing.

We aren’t supposed to talk about sex, want sex or write about it.

If a woman talks about intercourse no matter how clinical she makes it sound, men make lewd remarks, innuendoes and brash comments about her. Look at Dr. Ruth, she’s been the butt of jokes for years and all she tried to do was help people with questions about their sex lives.

Women like to think that things have changed and that this is the 21st Century but not really. They are kidding themselves if they honestly believe that.

I’m not saying that women should sleep around like cats in heat but it would be nice if we could write an article or make a comment in a forum without men thinking we are on the prowl.

I think more women enjoy sex than we will ever know but they are scared to death to mention it or let that dirty little secret out because God forbid if they do they’ll be labeled and expected to wear a letter “A” on her garments.

This is also why so many are repressed in the bedroom. We are told to act like ladies, behave and whatever you do don’t let boys look up your skirt so when they finally marry that nice boy from down the street she doesn’t know how to change. It doesn’t matter that she is now legally allowed to let her hair down and spread her legs she has said “no” so many times she doesn’t know how to say “YES” and if she is too enthused Mr. Right might think she’s one of “those” girls and just never told him before he was stuck with her.

This is why for hundreds of years men have stepped out to a brothel where women are not only allowed but expected to kick up their heels and do all those naughty things he’s dreamed of and doesn’t ask his wife because:

A) She’s a good girl and probably would say, “no”.
B) She’s a good girl and he doesn’t want to picture her doing those things even if she would agree.
C) He’s too shy to ask and the loose girls offer without him having to bring it up plus he’s paying them.

A few years a go some women friends of mine were talking and one mentioned that her husband wanted sex too frequently. She thought that three times a week was too much. Ignorant me piped up and said that we had sex every night; she was horror struck and told me that was abuse. I didn’t feel abused; in fact I was quite happy with my sex life. After that I realized some things were better kept to myself or at least written under a fake name.

2 comments:

  1. You have a very good subject here. And so is it just how we're made or conditioned? See, I have no negative views of a woman in control of her sexuality. But, I can very much relate to the good girls dont do that. My wife and I have dabbled in the swinger scene a time or two when we where younger. But then again, there are still a few fetishes that I personally think about but could not imagine my wife doing. For me, it's a respect issue. So, I get the..I cant picture seeing my wife do that..even if she agreed...but a stranger..or someone who let's say would just be sex and no emotions...I'd feel totally comfortable doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jeff it's an interesting situation we find ourselves in.

    The odd thing is why do some men feel uncomfortable seeing their wives as sex kittens instead of mothers of their children?

    Some fetishes are best kept in our minds anyway as it could get us arrested. :o)

    ReplyDelete