Monday, March 28, 2011

Tired of Being Censored

I don’t typically write rants but I’m aggravated. It takes a lot to piss me off but I’m there.

Part of the reason I started this blog was due to being censored in other places. Here I can write whatever I damn well please and since I had y’all click that little “over 18” button I can talk about anything I want without the Internet police showing up at my door step.

I write in many different places and each one has certain criteria and rules that have to be followed but sometimes it borders on hypocritical and asinine. When they tell you not to write anything sexual in nature I get it and it makes sense but to then show ads out to the side that I didn’t set up that have scantily clad women, lingerie or erotic books in them, it doesn’t make sense.

I understand wanting to protect minors from certain material but sometimes people go overboard. When you can’t even write an article and mention the genre “erotica” it is getting ridiculous. I didn’t even define erotica and God forbid I certainly didn’t post provocative pictures or say naughty words. I did give a few examples of erotica author’s names but surely Lovejoy, Tart and Dewy Tulips isn’t going to scar children for life.

Rules are fine and I have no problem adhering to them but be consistent and make advertisers and other writers follow the same guidelines or it’s not fair. Also don’t be vague. Sending an email that doesn’t give clear changes you want made isn’t helping either one of us.

The same site gives free rein if you want to write about casting out demons, cleansing someone’s spirit or talk about the latest tent revival. I’m sure they think I need to be drug kicking and screaming to the altar and prayed for.

A latest video of a moderator mentioned she wouldn’t want her four year old to read any risqué articles. Why on earth would she have a toddler reading stories online? He should be watching Sesame Street or playing outside for Pete’s sake.

So… instead of pulling out the tequila bottle, kicking my dog or cussing out the mailman I’m here griping to y’all. For the record I’d never kick my dog I love him too much.



No comments:

Post a Comment